Berk Bill Pay - FAQ1. How Do I Access Berk Bill Pay?
Here is a list of commonly asked questions and answers about Berk Bill Pay. If you don't see the answer to your question here, please contact Customer Service. For questions regarding Consumer Berk Bill Pay please call 1-888-918-7661. For questions regarding Business Berk Bill Pay, please call 1-866-820-8030
1. How do I access Berk Bill Pay?
2. What account must I have to enroll?
3. How do I enroll in Berk Bill Pay?
4. How much does the service cost?
5. Are there other fees associated with Berk Bill Pay?
6. What equipment, software, and/or connections do I need to pay bills online?
7. Is my account and payment information safe?
8. What if I have questions or need help?
To access Consumer or Business Berk Bill Pay, you must have a BerkOnline® online banking account. If you are a BerkOnline® customer, click HERE to sign in now and access Berk Bill Pay. If you are not a BerkOnline® customer, please click HERE to download the BerkOnline® application form and agreement. Once completed please forward these documents to your local branch for processing.
2. What account must I have to enroll?
For Consumer Berk Bill Pay:
An eligible checking account is defined as any personal checking account that a customer maintains with us that is approved by us for access to BerkOnline®. Not all personal accounts are eligible for BerkOnline®. An eligible account must be a personal checking account on which the customer has signatory authorization. Eligible accounts will not include accounts established under any Uniform Transfers to Minors Act or Uniform Gifts to Minors Act, estate accounts, trust accounts, fiduciary accounts, retirement accounts (401k, IRA, etc.), custodial accounts, IOLA accounts, basic banking accounts, any savings accounts, any account in the name of a child under 18 years of age, any account that has a power of attorney designated on it, or accounts on which the signature of more than one joint owner is required to process transactions, unless all owners authorize Berk Bill Pay transfers by only one person. Only one Berk Bill Pay account per household is allowed.
For Business Berk Bill Pay:
An eligible checking account is defined as any business checking account that a customer maintains with us that is approved by us for access to BerkOnline®. Not all business checking accounts are eligible for BerkOnline®. An eligible account must be a business checking account on which the customer has signatory authorization. Eligible accounts will not include accounts established as estate accounts, trust accounts, fiduciary accounts, IOLA accounts, any savings accounts, or accounts on which the signature of more that one joint owned is required to process transactions, unless all owners authorize Berk Bill Pay transfers by only one person. Only one Berk Bill Pay account per business is allowed.
3. How Do I Enroll in Berk Bill Pay?
You must have a BerkOnline online banking account to use Berk Bill Pay. You can then access Berk Bill Pay when you log on to BerkOnline® and will be directed to an enrollment page for completion.
4. How Much Does the Service Cost?
For Consumer Bill Pay:
• There is no charge for consumer bill payment transactions.
For Business Bill Pay:
• There is no charge for business bill payment transactions.
5. Are There Other Fees Associated With the Berk Bill Pay Service?
There is an NSF fee of $30 each
6. What Equipment, Software, And/Or Connections Do I Need To Pay Bills?
The following is a list of system and browsers that are classified as "Certified" and "Supported" for Berk Bill Pay. While Berk Bill Pay functions properly with other browser and platform combinations, we recommend those listed below.
• Internet Explorer 7.0 (Windows XP, Windows 2000, & Windows 98)
• Safari 4.0
• 800 x 600 VGA or 1024 x 768 VGA
• Windows Display Properties Settings should be 96 dpi (Windows default)
• Browser text should be Medium
7. Is My Account And Payment Information Safe?
Yes, The Berk Bill Pay service, offered in association with CheckFree, uses SSL (secure sockets layer), which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection. The system also uses 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes through the Internet.
8. What If I Have Questions Or Need Help?
If you have questions or need help using the system after you are enrolled, please call Berk Bill Pay Customer Service.
Consumer Berk Bill Pay Customer Service: 1-888-918-7661, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Business Berk Bill Pay Customer Service: 1-866-820-8030, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year